2.10.2006

Some Interesting Introductions To Epistemology

As some of you know, I think that Gordon Clark was quite keen. I think his contributions to the field of epistemology are invaluable, however I want to make sure that I am clear that I don't think he is the only thing you should read on it. There are many great pieces out there on the state of contemporary epistemology; the problem is that Clark is correct, whereas most of the others are not. Ha. With that said, a brief introduction to a Scripturalist epistemology can be found in the following articles from the Trinity Foundation:

How Do We Learn? - A brief discussion of empiricism

An Introduction To Gordon H. Clark - Well, it's a good introduction to Scripturalism (including our epistemology.

Also I would highly recommend the book Christian Philosophy by Gordon Clark. It is actually a collection of three of his books: Three Types of Religious Philosophy; Religion, Reason, and Revelation; and An Introduction to Christian Philosophy.

2 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Blogger Zac said...

As for the analogy:

As in all analogies there is only one univocal point of contact to which I'm drawing attention; not saying they are alike in any other respects.

"What if you came to a conclusion that XY was logically impossible, but then God revealed to you through the Scriptures that XY was logically consistent, what would you do?"

Ideally, I wouldn't have come to that conclusion. But, again, if I did come to that conclusion that XY was logically impossible, and I believed that verse Z taught XY to be true, then I would say, "I must have misunderstood verse Z"

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Zac said...

I'm gonna do a post about this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home