2.07.2006

Am I Anti-American If I Say This?

Some of you may know that I support the Constitution Party because I do not support the Republican or Democratic Party. However, I started to wonder whether I actually support the Constitution of the United States. The truth is this: while I do think we ought to obey the law (though the politicians in Washington do not), I do not think that the Constitution is all that great of a document. Don't get me wrong here: I'm not denying that it has had a tremendous historical impact and what not. I'm simply saying that it appears (contrary to all the Christians out there who claim that we were founded on the basis of Christianity) that the country was actually founded upon pluralism. It just happens that the culture was not as diverse back then as it is now. As a Scripturalist and a pronomian (a political/philosophical term that Daniel, Tim and I have coined), I cannot support any constitution that does not explicitly state from whence all authority, morality and justice comes: namely the Scriptures.

While I do agree with much of what the Constitution states, I do not believe these things because the Constitution states them. For instance, I do not believe in small government because the Constitution asserts it (though, again, the politicians in Washington do not pay attention), but because I believe that the Scriptures give government only a small sphere of authority; to move beyond that sphere is to transgress the law of God.

Oh, and by the way, America is, quite possibly, in the process of creating an empire: Pax Americana! Soon, perhaps, we will be that great "evil empire". I'm telling you, per yesterday's post, the proletarian revolution is coming!

1 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Blogger Zac said...

Interesting, I'll have to check it out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home